Thursday, May 19, 2011

Designer Envy: Steven Gambrel

I have a few photos in my files of a room I love that Maureen over at Eclectic Revisited posted a little while ago- she reminded me how much I admire the work of Designer Steven Gambrel of S.R. Gambrel Inc.  Take a look to see what I mean...he has some very creative ideas!

This room has a lot going on, maybe too much for my taste. However, it's very interesting and packed with great ideas!  The parsons chairs, the throw, the framed, off-center botanicals, the round and rectangular tables to add interest, and more...

I love this look with chairs on both sides.  A gorgeous table and a pair of chairs
in yummy velvet = masculine and feminine at the same time.

A bit Belgian and very soothing!

The room that started it all, that Maureen and I both admire!

How could a traveler not appreciate a room with wallpaper like this??!

What do you think?  Are his rooms too neutral for your taste or just right?

9 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous...I love how his rooms are full with a lot going on but soothing becuase of the soft colors and no real prints being used. It really works quite beautifully. He is very talented and I love the look with two chairs either side of a table too.

travelkate said...

I love the neutrals here-they are so warm and inviting! Such a talent!

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Maybe a tiny bit too neutral for me but I think he makes up for it with all the accessories - there is a huge variety of textures and tones!

designchic said...

Oh Barbara, I think they are just right. I adore a neutral palette and no on does it better than Steven Gambrel...just the right amount of texture and style to make every room so interesting!!

Conspicuous Style Design Blog said...

I think they are just right -- gorgeous with a capital G!
Stacy

eclecticrevisited said...

I love his work too!!! and so glad you posted about him...fell in love all over again with his work,..the soft palette, neutrals, clean lines, and balance...
maureen

Miss Rubio said...

YES i LOVE that table/desk with a chair on each side too...perfection!

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

I am in love with those chairs by the desk - have to admitt I have a crush on velvet at the mo. Very relaxing style x

Helen Bath said...

I LOVE Steven Gambrel's designs. He really is an artistic genius, and can make even a flea market find look like a million bucks! He's been talented his whole life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...