Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where I've Been...

Hi Everyone!

Did you miss me while I was away?  I missed all of you in blogland!  I tried to schedule some posts in advance, but in reality I was actually in Europe for the last few weeks!  

We had a good trip visiting family, which turned into an extended stay, but we also spent several days south of Munich.  On Thanksgiving I posted this, alluding to being somewhere unusual for Thanksgiving Day.  I'm happy to report that pasta was on the menu for us this year.  We were in beautiful Venice:


My husband and I had both been a few times before, but I have to say this was by far my favorite visit.  It was mostly empty of tourists (relatively speaking) so it felt like an authentic Italian experience.  It was lovely!
I'll be back soon with some highlights from our visit.  :)

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Fabulous picture, Barbara! It makes me long to be there. What a perfect place to say thanks for all we have in life.
Glad you're back.

Stacy CUrran said...

Welcome home Barbara! I can't wait to read all about your wonderful trip!
Stacy

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
I am totally jealous!! Such a beautiful place.
Glad to have you back.
Teresa
xoxo

meenal@maison marigold said...

Ahh Venice!! We were there in June..lots of tourists which can get a bit much at times..that said, we loved it and can't wait to go back!I'm sure it was lovely at this time of the year! xx meenal

cindy hattersley design said...

Welcome Home! We planned on visiting Venice while in Italy last year but just didn't make it...will enjoy seeing your photos!

Haus and Home said...

Welcome Back! I loved your Venice post, can't wait for more! Any Christmas decor pictures?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...