Sunday, July 15, 2012

Designer Envy: John Saladino

You're probably already familiar with John Saladino's work, but in case you are enjoying a lazy Sunday I thought his work would be a relaxing, beautiful design journey.  His work has so many European details that it always takes me a bit away from my day to day and on a virtual vacation.  I wonder if it would feel that way full time if I lived in one of his homes.  I can dream, right?  :)


His work goes on and on, so this is just a sampling of my favorites.  To me he captures the best of European style:  lots of stone and metal, not too perfect -- yet also very refined without trying to hard.  That's tough to pull off but I think he has mastered it!  Take a look:


John Saladino

The man himself.







John Saladino

John Saladino interior

john saladino

John Saladino

john saladino
JOHN SALADINO

John F. Saladino

What do you think of his work?





11 comments:

cindy said...

I am in constant awe of his work. I adore his house in Montecito. I wonder if it ever sold. I believe it was on the market at one time. Thanks for posting. I never tire of those images

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous.....love his abundant use of old world materials, timeless gorgeous spaces. Have a great Sunday Barbara.

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness. Those pictures are beyond beautiful. The kitchen is like nothing I've seen.
Thanks, Barbara

Anonymous said...

He is my absolute favorite. His books are wonderful. They are not only gorgeous but you can learn so much from his descriptions of his thinking processes. I have gotten lots of good ideas from him and I have certainly learned to "see" in a different way. They are well worth the money. It is like reading a textbook on design by a master of it.

Victoria said...

John Saladino is my all-time favorite designer. If I had the money required, I would just hand it to him and say, "Do something wonderful with my house. I'll be back when you are finished." I trust his aesthetic so much, I would have no doubt I would be gob-smacked with the results.
Best,
Victoria

Stacy CUrran said...

He is SO talented. I love everything here, especially the purple curtains!
Stacy

mary said...

I fell in love with John Saladino (his work, that is) at least 25 years ago. I think it was his iconic sofa design that first caught my attention. Also being raised outside of the US and living for many years in Europe, Saladino's aesthetic seems like home to me. I think what I love the most is that there isn't any "fluff" or stagieness (I guess that's not a word, yet) in his projects Great post!! Mary

michele said...

i think he is swelllllll. love the images you have shared!

smiles to you, b.

michele

Thoughts on Design said...

His esthetic is iconic, timeless and uniquely Saladino. Something that is almost impossible to achieve. I study his work constantly - so many shades and subtleties in his work - all built around the basic principals of design. Singular vision... Having said that, if you look closely at his house in VILLA, there is lightness, grace, informality - even humor. It is clear he enjoys and love what he does.

Cheers,
John

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

He's one of my top three--Saladino, Vervoordt, and Daryl Carter are so inspirational to me. These are some beautiful images, making me want to revisit his work. The lavender curtains in that hallway are heavenly...

Thanks for a great post!

-Lane

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

He's just one of my favorites...I have his book and pour over it often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...