Monday, September 3, 2012

San Juan Lavender...

Recently my husband and I had a little getaway to the nearby San Juan Islands.  Neither of us had ever been there - what a stunning place.  I thought I'd pass along a few highlights to all of you!


Are we in Provence?  Nope...  
(I guess the abundance of trees gives it away.)

I had never seen white lavender - have you? 

 That's Canada in the distance.

 We had some lovely walks along the coastline...

Roche Harbor had that casual yet upscale marina feel - very charming!

This beautiful shop in Roche Harber was so charming!  
It had everything a girl could need or want for her yacht.  :)


The highlight of our trip:  sea kayaking at sunset, complete with visits from seals and snacking on seaweed right out of the water (tasted just like lettuce :)).  It was so serene at that time of day - water like glass and so peaceful...I'd highly recommend it.

I hope you enjoyed the virtual vacation!  :)

13 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Stunning!!!!! That first picture is just breathtaking and I can imagine how fragrant it must have smelled, could easily be Provence!

Robyn said...

Great photography, Barbara. I have a painting of Roche Harbour in my livingroom because it's one of my favourite places in the world. I hope you visited Lime Kiln Lighthouse. It's the world's only land-based whale watching spot. The orcas put on quite a show most days as they swim by. Have a great holiday Monday.

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
You live the life, dear! I am so excited to learn about white lavender. Any idea where to get the lavender? I will look.
Thank you for sharing these gorgeous images, and sharing your trip.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I'm with Teresa. You definitely live the life and I'm happy to live it through you. So gorgeous. And the white lavender is breathtaking. Xo. Mona

Leslie said...

Wonderful spot Barbara! This is the best time of year to go. Glad you got to kayak .. I'm sure you saw some wonderful wildlife. We have taken our boat there and stayed for weekend getaways. It's also a great spot to throw a crab pot it.

Glad you had a nice getaway!

EsmeraldA said...

Das ist echt wunderschön :)
das Krebs Kissen gefällt mir besonders ;)
So einen Sonnenuntergang würde ich auch gern einmal erleben, traumhaft schön.

gruß Esmeralda

quintessence said...

Looks absolutely beautiful!! I once went on a boat through the islands but never actually visited. Certianly looks like it's worth a stop!

I Dream Of said...

Looks gorgeous, Barbara! I love the San Juans and it looks like you made the most of your trip! The lavender is stunning! Happy September. XO

Michelle said...

What beautiful photos. I hope you've had a lovely trip. I'd love to visit San Juan now! I have never seen white lavender but was in a garden this afternoon with purple lavender and it smelt so fresh and lovely!

Acquired Objects said...

Barbara I have never seen white lavender before so thank you for showing us it's stunning. Your trip sounds absolutely perfect to me and so beautiful! Enjoy the rest of your week!

XX
Debra~

The Buzz Blog said...

We don't think we've ever shared our sunset snack of seaweed with seals - must have been a treat! Those lavender fields are just gorgeous and must have smelled like heaven.
xxoo
C + C

Unknown said...

I have heard of the San Juan islands....but had no idea how gorgeous they are! I love that last pic and the image of you kayaking at sunset.

So happy you had a little get away!!
Happy September!
xoxo Elizabeth

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

SO beautiful! I'd love to visit there someday...

-Lane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...