Thursday, December 1, 2011

Decorating For Winter With Urns

Continuing with my series about urns in seasonal decor, here are a few ideas for decorating with urns for winter.  Some of these are specific to Christmas, although many would nicely roll into the icy months of January and February beautifully.  Enjoy!




What a lovely table display - the tiny gifts and ribbons around the topiary pots really caught my eye.

Caldwell Flake
A classic.

Tracery Interiors
I guess you could also classify this as a summer time display, but with the candle and white urns I could see it blending beautifully with green and white Christmas decor, or for January...


I'm totally into this idea.  What a welcoming entry to your home. 
Or, if you live in a small space, maybe this IS your Christmas tree.  Adorable!

Very subdued and elegant...

For The Love Of A House Blog
What a beautiful way to display some collected driftwood!

Pinned Image
myhomeideas.com
Vogue Living Australia
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Reloved Rubbish Blog

Pinned Image
projectwedding.com

Pinned Image
via Color Outside the Lines blog

How are you planning on decorating for winter?

You can read more about decorating with urns here and here.

14 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

We have urns everywhere inside and out that we decorate and leave the ones outside until March. All beautiful images you've shown.

Enjoy your day!
Debra

The enchanted home said...

Barbara...love decorating with urns year round and a beautiful Christmas plant or flower looks so AMAZING in an urn, its an instant way to dress and glam it up. I love all tof the beautifuly examples you have shown and I will most certainly be using urns myself when my hands are untied and I finally get to start decorating!!

Unknown said...

I use urns year round....and usually outside. I love the indoor photos, as I should be pulling some of my empty ones indoors for the winter!

I have that first photo in my inspiration files as well!

My outdoor pots will be ready this weekend...and will last right through March, with the cold weather.

Happy December!!
xo Elizabeth

Thoughts on Design said...

I have such a soft spot for narcissus and cyclamen. That image really pulled at my heart strings!

We have two very large urns in our front foyer. You've got me thinking about how to use them with the huge fallen juniper branch Sally and I salvaged on our walk last Sunday. I feel a weekend project coming on...

Have a great day!

John

Anonymous said...

love urns and have been using them in gardens designs for clients for a long time..have also used them in interiors as well, since they are so versatile as you've demonstrated...
gorgeous ideas..
best,
maureen

designchic said...

I'm so excited to start decorating this weekend...these beautiful urns are great inspiration!!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I wish I could remember to plant the paper whites so they could bloom by Christmas... I love the urn with the bulbs! Great inspiration!

Tiffany

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

This is awesome inspriation! Just what I needed today! I think I need some urns in my life... maybe some boxwood and moss too :). BEAUTIFUL images

Victoria said...

I use urns inside and out, and since I am in SW Florida, I can have plants in them year round. Some of mine are also filled with seashells and coral. I love urns...the rustier and crustier, the better. The images you posted are stunning and I will be studying them for more ideas. Thanks, Barbara.
Best...Victoria

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, I never get sick of urns. I find them interesting and they always make a design statement.

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

Urns are one of my (many) obsessions. I love them inside and out. There are some great new ideas in this post. I particularly love the one filled with driftwood. Have a wonderful weekend. x Sharon

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

This post has highlighted the fact that I have no urns, inside or outside! Guess I better do some shopping! :)

Shirley said...

You have impeccable taste and such lovely design ideas. I'm on an urn hunt for indoors after this!
Hugs, Shirley
Http://organizethings.blogspot.com

David talpur said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me. Urn Vaults

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...