Friday, August 31, 2012

Entertaining For Big And Little People

Now that our house projects lists is down to a semi-manageable level (it will never go to zero, will it???), that has led me to more thoughts about entertaining...it is so fun to finally start enjoying and sharing our home!   And, because we often include whole families many of the ideas include how to keep the little ones happy so the parents can have a good time, too.

Here are a few of my favorite ideas lately:


Chalk board cloth table runner.

Super cute western theme birthday party!
I'd love to have a cowboy-themed birthday party for my son at some point...this is adorable!  I don't think the kids would fully appreciate it, but perhaps parents would.  :)

*All you do is take your favorite cake recipe, bake and let cool. Before frosting, make sure your cake is shorter than a kit-kat bar, if not trim some off the top to leave room for the M’s. Frost with your favorite frosting.    Take a bunch of kit-kat bars (about 4 large packages), cut or gently break each bar into two sections. Place the bars on the cake, gently pushing into the frosting. Tie with a ribbon and fill the center with M’s (about 1 large bag). You can leave some out to pour a...

Sweet little pot of moss for place holder
Perfect for a backyard meal...

Dipped s'mores! #laylagrayce #party #dessert
You guys probably know about how much I love s'mores - these look so yummy!

countryside cake
So charming!

Rue Magazine (May 2012  Issue). Photography by Belathee Photography. Design by Cassandra Lavalle.

stylish version of a veggie tray...

beach table setting

I think the blog has been a bit more of a food blog lately.  After so much for the house being done, I need a little hiatus!  Hope you don't mind.  I'm thinking that when Fall sets in I will be more into "nesting" mode again.  I can feel it coming on, as Summer winds down.  How about you?



6 comments:

Haus and Home said...

Mmmm that kit kat cake!!

I Dream Of said...

Great ideas! Love those S'mores. Looking forward to seeing your house.
We're off to Whistler for the weekend - hiking and a nice hotel, now that's my idea of camping! XO

Tatiana Doria said...

Great inspiration!! Thanks!

Acquired Objects said...

Love the s'mores idea to keep them manageable. All of these ideas would be great for a get to together.

Enjoy your weekend!
XX
Debra~

michele said...

craving chocolate big time now. and dreaming of a sweets buffet--maybe a paris sendoff kinda fete?

see what you've done?

love to you.

michele

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

That kit kat cake looks great and something that even I could do! My boys are starting to move beyond themed parties, they now just want "chill" parties - the end of an era for me! Quite sad, actually. X Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...