Monday, November 19, 2012

Neutral Beauty

I have posted about neutral spaces before, so you probably know already how much I love them!  I find them so soothing, but also versatile if/when you want to change them up for seasonal colors...or just simply for a change of pace.  Here are a few of my recent faves.  You'll notice on a couple of these that the colors aren't strictly beiges and cremes; however, they still provide a calm backdrop that I thought fell within this category anyway.  See what you think!


Living.


!

ottomans, black trim, neutrals

Windows, ceiling, fireplace! Love this space!
OK so that one sofa is definitely not neutral, but it's still a very soothing, "quiet" color . :)

Gold & Tufted

Lake Keowee: Smith Private Residence  living room

Salvage Dior -- great pillows

Anne Favret &  Bill Gallagher / Darryl Carter / Max Kim-Bee / Country Living {eclectic rustic classic modern white living room} by recent settlers, via Flickr

The Zhush

Parkside Drive: Home Renovation. Mike Hammersmith, Inc. - Atlanta Custom Builder

::Surroundings::: The Skirted Roundtable: Veranda's Dara Caponigro Takes a Seat










14 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Great idea! Beautiful spaces.
Thanks for sharing.
First time here and following you.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Mumbai said...

In general I like your taste but these rooms show no personality...too clean too perfect ..Sorry

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I have learned for my own home... my furniture will be pretty neutral. That way when I get board it is pretty easy to change all the pillows and I will have a new look.

michele said...

i love them too! and the art in these images speaks to me. what i am itching to paint right now is a travertine series. i never tire of seeing this stone, and i recently discovered a silvery example with hints of warm organgey-umber that i adore. yum.

pop by and go shopping with me in paris, oui?

smiles to you.

michele

I Dream Of said...

Neutrals with a little pop of color is the approach we've taken in our home. I love the photos here, such gorgeous examples that a neutrals never have to mean boring! XO

Divine Theatre said...

I have come to the conclusion that white walls are the only way to go for me. Love these photos!

xo

Andie

Thoughts on Design said...

It's clear I lean toward the rooms that are earthier in character and tone - and not quite symmetrical... My favorite is the vignette - the next to last image. While the photo doesn't show as much of the room, I feel invited in and welcome.

Cheers,
John

beckymex said...

Gorgeous rooms Barbara. I love each of them. As an artist, I like living with neutrals so that I am not "over-exposed" to too much color in my home. I know lots of artists who feel that way. Doing neutral takes lots of restraint. Thanks for the images and inspiration.

cindy hattersley design said...

That living space with the paisley bolster is just heaven!

The enchanted home said...

Love neutral interiors....they are timeless and so beautiful and soothing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love neutral spaces with just a touch of colour. You've shared some beautiful rooms today. Love them all!
Wendi

Sam said...

What a great way to showcase architecture, too.

Samii

http://aestheticintrigue.blogspot.com/

Indian Girls World said...

There are lots of useful information in these comment. I am so glad I have come to it and i will track back for updates.

Upholstery said...

This is really wonderful that I have found this website. I would really admire the efforts made here to make the content & the whole stuff more wonderful than others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...