Monday, November 12, 2012

Pacific NW Holidays!

Since we are still experiencing "firsts" in the Seattle area as the seasons change, I am looking forward to the upcoming holiday season & building some new traditions for our family.  I am excited to discover the beautiful, sentimental and fun ways that we can celebrate in the area.  
via

As these thoughts came into my head, the idea grew...  I realized that - once again -blogging can be a fantastic resource for these ideas!

I decided to call upon some of my local (and not so local) blogging friends to contribute to a series for this holiday season:  How they celebrate the holidays in the Pacific NW!  I know that many of you don't live close by, but perhaps sometime you'll visit at this time of year.  Or, maybe it's just plain fun to see and hear about what fun traditions are going on in our little corner of the earth!  :)


via

Over the next several weeks, leading up to Christmas, you'll be seeing some guests posts from bloggers from Seattle, clear up to Canada, sharing what they enjoy about the holiday season.  I have edited them all already and I can tell you that you are in for a real treat.  Once again my fellow bloggers have blown me away with their insights into this beautiful area, heart warming traditions and fun ideas.  I hope you enjoy it!

As an aside...in my search for images that might fit this theme, I came across this - definitely "uniquely Seattle"!  :)



I hope you enjoy the series!

15 comments:

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Ahhh I'm so looking forward to one day spending time in Seattle! And wouldn't being there during the holidays be divine! Love this post! I'm celebrating my 2 year blog anniversary with a giveaway! Stop by and check it out! Thanks! Desiree XO

Splendid Market said...

Such a treat to see "the needle". I am looking forward to this new series. happy holidays, ebb

michele said...

looking forward to it!

michele

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!
What a great idea. Fun for you, as you discover your new hometown and fun for all of us who've never been. Seattle is at the TOP of my list to visit....and it's all because of blogging. It wouldn't have even been on my radar otherwise.

Looking forward to the series!
xoxo Elizabeth

Splendid Sass said...

Great idea, barbara. Look forward to the series!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

I Dream Of said...

Looking forward to this series, Barbara. I might find a new tradition or two.

Marianne said...

I can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

Acquired Objects said...

Since my best friend lives in your area I can't wait to see more!

The Buzz Blog said...

We look forward to exploring your neck of the woods during the holidays!
xxoo
C + C

Splendid Willow said...

I am looking forward to it, hoping to learn about a few, new hot spots myself!

Hugs to you pretty lady.

Mon

Sam said...

I live in the PNW also. It is incredibly beautiful here, isn't it? After seeing the world (and though I'm partial to WA), I wouldn't live anywhere else. Can't wait to read what others have to say. What a great idea!

Samii

http://aestheticintrigue.blogspot.com

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Christmas is one of my favourite things in the whole world so I am so looking forward to this series! I am so curious to hear about other Christmas traditions! x

Bus from singapore to kl said...

Very fascinating website. I located you on Yahoo. I’ll be sure to advocate this to my co-workers. Maintain up the wonderful function.

Unknown said...

Many people are unsure about how much holiday they are entitled to or how to work out their minimum holiday entitlements. We explain the statutory holiday entitlement in detail as well as how to work out your paid holiday entitlement.

charter a private jet Toronto

singapore car rent said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in depth information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...