Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Last Supper


For Christmas I got a really unique cookbook - it's called My Last Supper - have you heard of it?  The concept is that famous chefs discuss how, what and with whom they would eat their last supper.  It was interesting to hear not only what they would eat, but in what setting that they think is ideal.  

That got me thinking about what mine would look like so I thought I'd share it with you today.  I've also asked a few blogging friends to join me, so there will be more coming over the next several weeks.  

Here's where I'd begin...


Al Fresco, lakeside villa in Italy
Al Fresco - with a stunning view - is a must...probably not this formal but you get the idea!  :)

Vintage European linens in various colors, some with monograms, available from Linen Haus:  http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/p/welcome-to-linen-haus.html
Beautiful linens would be on the table - I couldn't resist including these!

sardinia
Perhaps in a setting for a quiet walk before dinner...Italian Riviera anyone?

figs + champagne!
We'd start with a light cocktail - figs in champagne sound divine...

al fresco feast

Fig Spread and Cheese Crostini Appetizer
Some lovely appetizers - served artistically...

beautiful gazebo
Did I mention there would be a LOT of candlelight and other twinkly things, in addition to the beautiful stars in the cloudless night sky?

Figs
A gorgeous salad (notice the fig theme - we are in Italy afterall!)

Outdoor table with built in drink cooler tray
A true luxury:  I'd hire a sommelier to make sure we had a nice selection for each course.

@kat dat - Dinner Al Fresco
I'd invite old friends and new - but only the true ones - and of course my loving family (including my dog!).  Lots of laughs would be "on the menu".

PRETTY!
Creative flowers must be on hand for visual enjoyment - fresh and natural since they have to compete with the view.  :)

al fresco
Nothing fussy for the main course - wood fired pizzas with incredible fresh, local ingredients...

Sarah MacLachlan- Surfacing
Perhaps I'd hire an insanely expensive artist to perform...:)

Mini pavlovas
And pavlova for dessert!


So that's my last supper - what would yours be?

7 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Barbara we must have been separated at birth! I loooove your ideas for your last supper and they are nearly identical to my own thoughts. You have the perfect blend of rustic elegance in a magnificent dreamy outdoor setting...does it get better? NO! Love all your ideas and cannot wait for my own dream supper!

cindy said...

That photo of the patio overlooking Lake Cuomo is one of my absolute favorites! I think I will just join you for your last supper...it can't be topped! Oh wait...a bottle of Kosta Browne Pinot Noir..that's it!

Anonymous said...

I love this concept. The greatest meals are when all the senses are stimulated. Taste is important, but only a piece, of a truly memorable meal.

beckymex said...

Wow! May I join you? I'll bring some pasta...my only addition! Love my pasta!

michele said...

i wanna come! i have never tried figs in champagne. or traveled to italy. and the wood fired pizza looks divine. if sarah can't sing that night, i'll sing karaoke with you!

what a gorgeous last supper, barbara.

:)
michele

Monica said...

I want the round flat bread with black olives dish outdoors with wine, low lighting and Ottmar Liebert music playing in the background...perfecto!

Kathysue said...

Barbara, I want to come too. I love the setting the food the ambiance. It is all so perfect. I had to pin the fig spred crostini, one of my favorite flavor combinations!!
Great post!
Kathysue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...