Monday, January 21, 2013

Tina's Last Supper


Today I bring you the wonderful Tina from The Enchanted Home, to talk about her Last Supper.  As you probably expected, she did it up right!  Read on to learn how this talented and fun loving woman would do it!

*****************************************************************************
Hi there. When Barbara asked me to guest post for her on "my last supper" I was  so excited. First, because its no secret I love great food and I love great company as much if not more. Then throw in a beautiful setting, gorgeous picture perfect weather and I am one happy girl! So Barbara's idea was to ask if this were my last supper....where would it be? What would be served? Who would get to attend? 
 
I had fun thinking about it and though many places and ideas came to mind, the idea of the French countryside kept coming back to me, but with a twist. There were French elements to my meal but it is mostly Italian inspired, hail to my love of pasta. So its the best of both worlds...idyllic French countryside and their fabulous cheeses,wines and pastries married to satisfying and amazing Italian food and wine...the combination is heavenly! So, alas this is where it all begins....do join me! Off we go......
 
 
 
WHERE? My lucky guests are shuttled in great style to a fabulous unannounced location in the French countryside. It is rural, pastoral and above all beautiful. The drive feels like something right out of a fairytale....
 
 
 Naturally the weather is PERFECT. I am talking low 70's, zero humidity, a slight breeze....as day turns to night, its just cool enough to warrant grabbing one of the pashminas I have lovingly  filled a basket with.

 On our way we go......the scenery is simply breathtaking! We spy the beautiful lavender fields in full bloom on our way and even stop to pick some!
 

 
We arrive at the beautiful home we have rented for the weekend just as the sun is setting and casting its golden glow over this magical setting.....
 
 
 
 Not a light bulb in sight...everything is aglow in tiny twinkling white lights form the lanterns and candles that are literally everywhere! Under a starlit sky....we all feast on "my last supper".


Our tables are positively magical with strung lights, candles, flowers......elegantly rustic is how I describe it
 
WHO? I want to be surrounded by those I love and cherish the most. This would mean of course my husband, kids, parents and sister and family. Some of my extended family including my grandmother and aunt. Then of course six of my treasured friends and their families. Oh yes, we are turning into a big group indeed. Oh well...the more the merrier. Cheers to having people that love you and that you love back!
 
 
WHAT? Whats on the menu? This is the where the fun really begins! Its more like whats not on the menu..lol. Being we are in France, naturally we start with a very extensive cheese and bread course. I am talking seriously extensive as in we could open up a good sized cheese store with the amount of cheese we have here. The wine flows like a water spout. A wine paring for every course.  French and Italian wines....yum!
 
A large beautiful table with every  single antipasta delight you can imagine along with fresh breads right out of the oven is how we start this supper.....
 
Fresh crostinis of every variation are made right before our very eyes....works of art I tell you!

Then a fresh round of foccacia bread right out of the oven is presented for a sampling...
 And finally the main course.....pasta, pasta and more pasta!
 This is not just any pasta however, there is a table with a master pasta maker making it fresh right before our very eyes!
 And all the pasta is served in separate individual little skillets.......

There is also a wonderful fish course, in fact that fish was caught just that morning and let me tell...it was as fresh as it gets.


Just about when we think we cannot possibly devour another heavenly bite......I spy the setting up of the dessert table. Now this is when it gets good. VERY good. Take a look at all we feasted on.......not to mention the most wonderful cappuccinos and espressos that were served.....

Behold the magnificence......all this under the twinkling stars!


And meet the cast of characters........
Come to mama!

Our talented chef, made this macaroon cake in my honor!

French pastries....who can resist!

These were little "take homes" for then next morning

Oh yea.....

Chocolate is the key to my heart! 

 If it has fruit, therefore it cancels out the calories:)

As pretty as they were delicious!

And then when my buttons started popping, just when I thought I could not possibly eat another crumb....out they come making bananas foster right before my very eyes, one of all time favorites! Bring on the elastic waistband, there is no way I am skipping this!

 All the while a wonderful jazz quartet is serenading us with beautiful soft music playing in the background to set just the right mood. If my crowd is really lucky...after enough wine, I may just get up and serenade them with a jazz rendition of my own. (in French to boot)!

As I am getting warmed up...you will never guess who decided to stop by, telling me there is no way he would miss my little soiree, guess who.....

Dear sweet Michael, such a sweetie pie with a sense of humor to boot. And that voice.....he couldn't stop serenading me, I had to finally tell him to just stop......I needed to go pursue the dessert table again:)

Toast after toast was made into the wee wee hours of the morning. Time? What's that? No one cared.....time is a thing of the past. This is a night of celebration, great food, fine company, unstoppable laughter and good cheer. This is my last supper. Thanks for stopping in and being a part of it!


One more thing, here's a little souvenir to remember the night by.......
A monogrammed wine tote, a corkscrew and our very own vintage!


Sorry if you are ravenous right about now....it would be hard to not be, I know I am! Thanks Barbara for this wonderful idea and for including me in it! It was fun to dream about what a magical night this would be but I am kind of happy it really isn't my "last supper" because I love food way too much and have a lot of living to do yet....and hope I will get to experience many many wonderful food experiences in my lifetime.  Thanks Barbara and to everyone else for stopping in!


 
Photobucket
****************************************************************
Beautifully done Tina!  And how thoughtful of you to think of a souvenir to boot.
I'd join you for your Last Supper any day!  :)

24 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Well,Tina, if you ever do a last supper, can I please come:):) OMGoodnss, my mouth is WATERING and I am dying to EAT all of this! Beautiful dream, wonderful photos! XO, Pinky

christy said...

I cannot imagine being able to top a last supper over this one. All my favorite things, European countryside, great food and wine, wonderful sweets, great friends. And I love that Michael is par to this wonderful package. Such a fun idea!

jp said...

Beautiful photos and post by Barbara...I pinned some pics and am now following along with you. I hope that you will have time to stop by to see some of my creations.

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Hahaha! Tina that was incredible! Loved everything and you really know how to throw a dinner party! Those desserts! Just looking at them I gained 5 pounds but well worth it! Lovely post!

Kate said...

Wow this is some party! If you are going to really have a last supper might as well go all the way, love how every detail was thought of. I am suddenly absolutely starving!
Fantastic job.

zanetastyle said...

What a special night you planned(: Michael tops that for sure! Thanks for sharing, very special indeed.

The Pink Pagoda said...

I love that you combined French and Italian! And no surprise -- I AM feeling quite hungry now!! What a lovely dinner!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

What a glorious imagination...and I am really hungry now. There is nothing even close to Tina's last supper in my kitchen right now either!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Wow! I must say this is one great Last Supper. You not only have driven me into a pastry frenzy, you have motivated me to cook and bake.
Wonderful post, Tina, and thank you to Barbara for inviting you.
Teresa
xoxo

Leslie said...

Please add me to evite list;) This looks amazing! The flowers at the top, the gorgeous home, food prepared to perfection, AND entertainment.

Great post ladies!

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

I echo Leslie - Please add me to your invitation list!! Simply perfect!!

And, even better, I discovered a new blog...I can't wait to read of more Barbara's lovely blog.

Thanks for sharing,ladies!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Sounds like a perfect day Tina!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOVELY TINA! That's our girl. And I was mistaken...HAAS is rabbit, HAUS is obviously HOUSE!

prince snow farm said...

I'd love to come along...or at least save me a macaroni??

The enchanted home said...

Barbara...thanks so much for allowing me to come here and dream about such an amazing last supper. It was fun to put together and even more fun to get swept away in all the dreaming:) You better believe if it was really happening I would put you on the invite list! Thanks again.....and to everyone else for stopping in!

designchic said...

I know who's going to be preparing my last supper - it all looks divine!!

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering and I practically feel like I've been drinking the wine! The setting could not be more amazing and a private concert from Mr. Buble just has me in a tizzy!

Cheers to you, TIna and Barbara...thank heavens this is not your last supper but a peek at how beautifully and fully you live your life.

May this fantasy dinner come true some day!
xoxo Elizabeth

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Tina...those breads look delicious and what a beautiful view....I,m inviting my self... so set another place setting for me.

Monica said...

Never wake me up! Going to sleep thinking of all the beautiful tables, food, lights, drinks and Mr. Buble. Thank you Barbara and Tina for your talent and for sharing all you do!! Huge fan from Texas.

Karena said...

Thank you so much for featuring Tina, Barbara! i would have loved being at this fabulous dinner!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Acquired Objects said...

Just reading this post made my mouth water! I'm thrilled it isn't your last supper either Tina but what a way to go! Thank you to Barbara for having the insight to have Tina over for this wonderful feast!

XXX
Debra~

carolyn bradford said...

Being as I am just now reading posts for the first time in over a week thanks to life situations…this one was priceless! I would love to have this last supper any night of the week! So glad I got to see it! Now I know I may be back on the right track to blog land again!

Splendid Avenue said...

How fun girlies!

Ms. Tina is one creative and generous soul. And what a feast!!!
Hard to top that one!

Love to you both!

MOn

The Buzz Blog said...

Of course, Tina's last supper would be a fabulous French affaire filled with beauty and delicacies! Love all the little details that make this evening magical.
xxoo
C + C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...