Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Antiqued Mirrors: Beautiful Decorating Ideas

Antiqued mirrors have been catching my eye left and right lately - both at the markets and online.  Here are some examples that I think are particularly stunning:


RR Antiques
I love contrast in a room and this room has it in spades. 

pretty stuff on tumblr via nesting place blog

fauxology
I'm loving the screen.  I think I'd pair it with a different table but the table on its own would also be amazing! 


fauxology
This looks like it's a boutique but I think this would be adorable in a bathroom shared by two growing girls with some words of wisdom stenciled on...obviously opposite from the real mirror.  :)


bohemian hotel savannah ga
How sexy is this office?!  Wow.

Milk and Honey Home
 A great combo:  the walls, the lighting and that window!

Lonny Magazine
 A great contrast between some modern furnishings and an antiqued screen.

salvage savvy blog

A dreamy bathroom...

via houzz
Gorgeous chairs, flooring, sculpture and mirror.  Stunning!



urban comfort
 Great apothecary jars grouped here to make a surprising vignette.



tracery interiors
This is an original idea - as a backsplash in a kitchen.
I also saw another image with the fronts of kitchen cupboards using this material.  I think I'd prefer it in a small area like a bar with cupboards.  Either way it's a fresh idea. 

elle decor

And lastly, a lovely look for Fall!

Before I go...
Lately I have received comments from some readers that hadn't before left a comment.  I loved hearing from you!  I also appreciate those that always/often leave comments - knowing that you show up regularly and have something to say really keeps me going. :)
Thank you to all of my readers for following!  

17 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Timely post for me Barbara. I am currently planning on using ant. mirror in my bathroom, the powder room down the road and in the pantry. I absolutely love it and always have, adds so much to a room.
This post makes me love it even more!

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

The patina on these mirrors is just amazing! They make new, clear mirrors seem so bland in comparison. Lovely post. x Sharon

Haus and Home said...

Recently I went to this large once a month antique fair here in Atlanta, there were so many antique mirrors I kept thinking what stories would they tell?

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Good morning, my pretty friend! :-)

How are you doing today?

This is the kind of post that makes us dream and want it! :-) I'm dreaming w/ the 2nd picture.... that bed is just amazing!

Have a lovely day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

love antiqued mirrors...and it's an easy method to get that look with a newer mirror if you're so inclined to DIY projects..gorgeous pics..
best,
maureen

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Great post Barbara! I am in love with that mirrored head board. Love, love, love!

The Buzz Blog said...

Love the pairing of antique mirrors with more modern design, like the image above of that fabulous dining room (those blue chairs are to die for!)
xxoo
Carolyn

Kathysue said...

Barbara, loved this post and there is something special about an aged mirror. It makes me wonder how many faces peered into this beautiful patina int the glass, Kathysue

Stacy CUrran said...

This is one of my favorite posts of all time, from anywhere. I LOVE these mirrors so much, and wish I had a better sense of where to get them. I know Uttermost makes a repro quatrefoil one, but the very large wall sizes are hard to find....
Stacy

Verdigris Vie said...

Barbara - this is a fantastic gallery. Antique mirror adds such an incredible element to a space, depth and character. I love it a as table top as well.

Verdigris Vie said...

Barbara - this is a fantastic gallery. Antique mirror adds such an incredible element to a space, depth and character. I love it a as table top as well.

The Vintique Object said...

That last bathroom you showed leaves me breathless. I think there's a tutorial running around somewhere about how to antique mirrors. I'd love to give it a try.
Camille

designchic said...

I love antique mirrors and these examples are gorgeous, Barbara. The first image is one of my absolute favorites!!

Victoria said...

This is such a fabulous post, Barbara. I adore these antique mirrors and I think I may have to find room for some of them in my home. They add such character and mystery to an environment.
Best...Victoria

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your choices!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I agree! So much sparkle and personality :)
Great inspiration pictures.

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I just can't resist a beautiful mirror! I adore the apothecary jars grouped in front of that gorgeous mirror against the bright yellow wall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...