Friday, October 7, 2011

The Romance of Lanterns: Part III

Thanks for all of the great comments about how much you all love lanterns - glad to hear I'm not the only one that has fallen under their magical spell!  :)  Here are a few more - you can read the previous posts here and here



An oversized lantern is so bold...loving the ivy growing too...


The terrace from the movie set of It's Complicated...love that bench too!

 
This is a bit unusual and I like it.  I like the combination of the lantern, the columns and the pergola covering.



This house was love at first sight for me - the lanterns, the symmetry and the oval windows really got me!

 
The interior from the movie house of "It's Complicated"...I really love this house!!!

A grand, European feel...

 
Very traditional and lovely...nice sight lined all the way through, also.

 
My ideal front door.

 
Understated European elegance at its best, I think!

So french!  To me this is ideal romanticized version of Europe...

Horchow
I'd really enjoy these asian-inspired pagoda lanterns!

Traditional Home
The lanterns blend so beautifully with those rustic beams. 
And, what about that clock???

I'd love to hear about any favorites!
Happy Friday everyone!!!

8 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Knew I would love this post too.....boy, Barbara lately these posts are just amazing and I have a whole "haus design file" that I am bookmarking!! Never met a lantern I didnt' love...would put them all over my house if I could:)

Haus and Home said...

I love the 2 exterior houses with their french style (and matching perfect boxwoods to match). The pagoda lanterns from Horchow are really nice and a good size too! Can't wait to see your prints for Linen Haus (I bet yours are more vintage than a brand new book too).
Have a nice weekend!

Acquired Objects said...

I love lanterns and you've now sold me, I want oversized lanterns on my barn. Now to find something I can afford....lol. Beautiful post Barbara enjoy your weekend!

Thoughts on Design said...

Beautiful post. In a foyer, a lantern says "Hello" in a way that a chandelier simply can not.
To me, the lantern is extending a warm hand of greeting. LOVE the exterior shots! Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
John

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Beautiful homes. I do have a thing for lanterns. So many great ideas in this post.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Love it all! I'll have to watch the movie "it's Complicated"! Beautiful home! I also really love the big wooden gate. There was probably a lantern in there somewhere but the gate was perfect!

quintessence said...

Count me in as a lantern lover as well!! Love all these beautiful examples. I had bell jars and many exterior lanterns in my last house and this time round just one - a really fabulous large on in my entry.

Anonymous said...

more lovely inspiration...love the little candle holder lanterns from Horchow...too sweet...
best,
maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...