Monday, October 17, 2011

The Romance Of Lanterns: Part IV

I have been having so much fun sharing my favorite lanterns with all of you!  I had to do one more...  You can see previous posts here, here and here.

WOW.
This one could have easily qualified for my Remarkable Windows post!


This space is cozy, rustic and grand at the same time. Impressive!

Simple, clean and lovely.

Repeating lanterns:  always a good idea.  :)


So pretty in this feminine office.  Are the places for lanterns truly endless??

So quaint! 


Pinned Image





Pinned Image

Pinned Image



This picture totally puts me in the mood for cocktails on a warm summer evening.  You too?
I took this picture when we were in Istanbul a couple of years ago. 
An exotic lantern can be pretty cool too!


  I hope you enjoyed the series!

Sources and even more Lantern Inspirations can be found here.

12 comments:

Thoughts on Design said...

Image number 2! I could sit in that banquette all day long!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm falling fast in love with all these lanterns...love the one with the verdigris patina...and the dining room (2nd pic) is one of my favorites as is the foyer below it...
gorgeous pics and designs..
best,
maureen

The Buzz Blog said...

I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of three custom lanterns that are hand-made (the old-fashioned way!) in a barn in Vermont so that I can finally finish my front porch! Your images are lovely and inspiring (as usual!) Hope you have a fabulous week!
xxoo

designchic said...

I've loved your lantern series, and these are no exception. Your image from Istanbul is fabulous...so exotic!!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Loving the raw beams and that fabulous lantern in the second image.

Haus and Home said...

I love those topiaries with the great lanterns such an inviting exterior door. I used one of your pictures for my Herringbone fireplace post :)

Victoria said...

I love lanterns, especially antique, oversized ones.
Thanks for the lovely examples.
Best...Victoria

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Barbara, We both love lanterns...I'm a bit obsessed. Great post. Mona

Acquired Objects said...

There is nothing like a great lantern, love the ones in the first image. We have lanterns every where in every style and size, I don't think you can buy a bad style. Wonderful series.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, lovely images. Love all of your posts on lanterns.

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I have loved this series! It makes my day!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I have loved this series! It makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...