Saturday, October 1, 2011

Simple and Natural

Fall is a beautiful time be inspired by simple and natural decor:  walks in the fall leaves, the crisp sunny days and cozy comfort food all inspire me in the direction of natural elements.  I already posted about simple decor here, but I couldn't help share a few more beautiful examples of what my eye has been drawn to lately:















Isn't that such a beautiful, gentle wreath? 

It's also been amazing weather for visiting the markets.  I've been to a few great ones in the last week or so, and I'm hitting my favorite market tomorrow as a little date with my husband.
I'm excited to share my finds with all of you early next week!

Sources and more ideas for Simple and Natural Decor can be found here.










12 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE that artichoke table setting ~ very nice!!

xoxo

The enchanted home said...

Love the beautiful earthy rustic elegance here!

Anonymous said...

am also drawn to a more natural look as fall encroaches...love the wallpaper in the second to last image..simple yet gorgeous..
best,
maureen

The Vintique Object said...

Yes, that IS a gentle wreath. Not uptight at all. I love the design.
Camille

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Lovely post, Barbara. I particularly like the first image. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Mona

Haus and Home said...

Yes please use the orange finial :)

mary said...

These images are gorgeous. They are inspiring me to think about Thanksgiving, even. Thanks. Mary

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Isn't the wreath beautiful?
Best to you,
Barbara

quintessence said...

Lovely!! After just having returned from the London Design Festival, the mix of old and new is something that is on my mind. There was just so much inspiration at all the shows - amazing!!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I wish we had flea markets in the states like you have there. It sounds like fun and can not wait to see what you find.

Victoria said...

Beautiful images as usual, Barbara. I especially love the rustic daybed in front of that huge picture window, along with everything else in that first image, including the door. I am also enamored of the kitchen (third image) that introduces all the feminine profiles -- scalloped table, skirted sink, della Robbia arch above the window and beautiful blanc de chine urn on the table -- while keeping the overall look simple. I want it all, please.
Best...Victoria

Splendid Market said...

I LOVE that wreath, I also love the simple vegetable centerpiece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...