Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Beautiful Home In Santa Barbara

I stumbled upon this lovely home in Santa Barbara today and wanted to share it with all of you.  It was designed by Steve Thompson of Cabana Home.  Apparently they also have retail stores in Santa Barbara, CA and Mill Valley, CA - two of the classiest towns in America, I think - so I expected to like their style!

I love the story of how the design for this home was conceived:

"It is not unusual for potential clients to arrive at a meeting with Cabana Home’s Steve Thompson armed with clippings from glossy shelter magazines. But until recently, he never had a client proffer an object as the pivotal inspiration for a residential interior design project. But this client was unique. “She brought in her dishes,” recalls Steve with a smile, “three dishes. One was aqua blue, one was bright yellow, and the other was parrot green.” Rising to the challenge, Steve and the project’s lead designer Zach Hollis, worked with the client to create an interior design program for her 12,000 square-foot Montecito residence based entirely on the color scheme of three glass dishes."

Kinda cool, huh?  Take a look and let me know what you think of this home...


Such a unique coffee table that still blends with the traditional decor and of course you can't miss the windows!!!

Nice flooring and an interesting mix of modern and traditional furnishings. 


I like how the dining room hints at the Spanish influence of the region, without screaming spanish design.



Great arches!


I like the fireplace design and the alternating fabrics on the chair.  The space looks a bit cramped for what I presume to be a large house but I guess it could be meant as a cozy corner spot.  What do you think?


Love the headboard and those amazing windows!


I am fascintated with that table...


The quintessential Santa Barbara view...breathtaking...

I hope you enjoyed this little trip to Santa Barbara!  :)


12 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Nothing not to love, love the open airy spaces..very well done.

quintessence said...

Especially love the fabulous windows and that pretty wing chair in the living room!!

Anonymous said...

lovely home and nice Spanish details..different colors than what you would normally expect with Spanish decor but I think it's refreshing...
and these are some of my favorite colors too...
best,
maureen

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Such a beautiful home and I'm in love with the blue accent throughout. So pretty.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, first of all, to live in S.B. would be a dream. Than to own a home like that, well..... Love

Marianne said...

Oh, it's beautiful! The views are amazing. I could spend hours just taking it all in!

Acquired Objects said...

That home is gorgeous and I love how they used the owners colors without overwhelming the interior. I would kill for a view like the one she has...gorgeous!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

What I noticed and loved are the beautiful beamed ceilings. Santa Barbara is heaven on earth. We could walk our dog with Oprah!

The Buzz Blog said...

The splashes of turquoise blue are so perfect for a Santa Barbara laid back feeling... off to visit their site!
xxoo

Room Designer said...

I personally liked the Ceilings of the house, Gorgeous.

Haus and Home said...

How did I miss this yesterday? So now I do not want to go to work this am! Love all these teal accents. I need to be by that pool right now!

Design Guy said...

Thank you all for your kind words! It isn't everyday that we get to work with such a beautiful home as well as a client that is a wonderful person! The project was a successful collaboration between the Designer and the Homwowner bringing together classic Santa Barbara style with a newly built home. Adding elements that pay homage to both the Mediterrrean style and modern sensibilities was the challenge and I believe we achieved a wonderful balance with both. Modern can be at home with traditional! Thank you,
Steve

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...