Friday, June 3, 2011

Now What?

OK I need some advice from all of you talented and creative people out there!!  :)



I bought this pair of rusty old bench legs at a flea market last year, but now I can't decide how to finish them.  Originally I thought I would leave the legs with their aged appearance and add some rustic wooden slats for the seat and back similar to the one shown below, but now I'm wondering... 

{via Belgian Pearls Blog}

Another choice would be to paint them out in glossy black with matching black wood which would probably blend better with my overall decorating style...

I like the idea of taking something from outside and bringing it in, so that's what I plan to do with this piece when it's done. I can see myself using it in the entry of our home, the living room, a hallway and/or at the foot of the bed in our bedroom, so it has to be somewhat versatile/neutral. 

What would you do? Are there other options I should consider?  I'd love to hear what you think!

7 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I kind of like the idea of leaving the legs in their natural rustic state and doing something to the seat......you can try it and if you don't like it THEN paint them a darker color but once you paint you can't go back to what was. Something very interesting about keeping them as they are.....I am sure it will be beautiful whatever you decide!

Anonymous said...

My personal opinion is that if you're bringing it inside to paint it black...love black accents...

maureen

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

It would be hard for me to paint them black...however if they are coming inside and Rustic elegant just won't fit you may have to. They are fabulous!

Stacy CUrran said...

I think I agree with Tina...you can always add black to the legs if the rustic is no good, but so hard to take it off! Very pretty lines to the bench - I'm sure you'll make it beautiful!
Stacy

................. said...

If i had those bench legs i would paint them gold and maybe the seat glossy black or find someone who can make a solid lucite seat...have it be kind of like a ghost bench with beautiful gold legs. Im sure whatever you decide will be beautiful. Cant wait to see finished product:-)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Wow, it's gorgeous. I'd leave it as it is and add a black gloss seat and back. If it's too rustic I'd go for the gold on the frame. Make sure to let us see when you've finished it.

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Thank you so much for all of the great ideas! I'm not sure yet which I will do, but you all gave me lots of options to consider - thanks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...