Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Call of the Wild: Zebra Ottomans

I find a touch of animal print in a room very refreshing because it introduces surprise in a sophisticated way.  I particularly love zebra prints on ottomans.  Two matching ottomans are great for extra seating of course, but they also look great tucked under an entry or sofa table and even here and there throughout the house - perhaps in a boring hallway- for a fun unexpected punch.  Here are some great examples of them in beautiful settings.  I have compared them to a lot of different color schemes and they paired quite nicely!

I love this one with the great gallery wall behind the couch...


{source unknown}
 
 This combination of shells, dark woods, zebra ottomans and Hermes orange
combine some of my favorite things for a tailored look!

{source unknown}

 I like the zebra here alongside Lucite to give it a modern edge.


{source unknown}
 
 Here zebra also goes well with some classic elements...


{JK Place Hotel}
 
 I love the oversized plant in this room for an exotic feel!


{Windsor Smith}
  I think a little goes a long way, but I really love it!  What are your favorite designs for zebra?  Or do you hate it altogether?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...