Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gemütlichkeit


Gemütlichkeit is the German word for "coziness" or "a place where one feels well", and Germany is a very cozy place at Christmastime!  No country on earth does a more magical Christmas than Germany, in my opinion.  :)

To kick off our holiday weekend, we will visit the Christmas Market on the main square in Munich called Marienplatz, shown below.  This picture doesn't even look real to me it is so magical.  I sometimes have to pinch myself that we really live here! 



{http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk}
 

There is a wonderful window display of Steiff stuffed animals in winter settings, similar to FAO Schwarz in New York City, that we'll also look at with the kids. 
I am really looking forward to seeing the wonder in their eyes.



{Steiff.com}
 
Wishing you a peaceful and joyful Holiday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...