Monday, July 16, 2012

Random Monday Lovelies!

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Here are a few random lovely decorating ideas, along with a few words of wisdom sprinkled in between, for whatever it's worth...:)


omg...love
Something about this room really calls to me.  At first I assumed it was a kitchen but it's more of a wet bar area.  I adore the fresh lines, marble counter tops, incredible light and those great dark windows that open into the next room for serving.  What an awesome space!

window boxes
How gorgeous is the detailing around that front door, not to mention the iron work?  I should have included this in my window boxes post but I just came across it.  Sooo classy!

Bathroom towels within reach
If/when we ever build, shelving like this will be next to the master bathroom tub for towels, apothecary jars filled with beautiful soaps, lotions and potions in pretty baskets and a few lazy reads...I like the addition of a few personal photos too.


.

I think I might faint if I were house hunting (somewhere in Europe?) and walked into this apartment.  SO much potential here!  

start!
Yep.

bookcase styling
Books, books and more books.  

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Speaking of books, I just finished reading Unbroken.  Have you read it?  It's a heartbreaking read, but so inspirational and educational.  
It's the best book I've read in a while and would love to find something good to follow it.  Any good book tips out there?


AMAZING windows. Love the greek key rug too!

Light, bright and zebra!
This room as so much style!

Buenos Aires
A trip to Buenos Aires is rattling around in my mind...doesn't this rustic architecture look appealing?

trellis backed bookcase

MUST do this.  I love it every time I see it!  These shelves are particularly nicely styled, I thought...



A fun chair with traditional lines that throws all of that to the wind with the punch of color and refreshing pattern.




Occasionally I watch YouTube videos -- mostly because I am far too impatient to put up with commercials anymore!  Recently I came across this discussion with Jada Pinkett Smith, talking about motherhood, marriage and a career.  You can find it here.  

One thing resonated with me:  she said every morning she meditates, deciding what each person in her family needs from her that day, including what she needs for HERSELF.  Regardless of what you think of her, I thought it was a great way to make sure you channel your daily energies in the directions that are the most important.

(Also,is it just me or is she getting more beautiful with age??)

Over a round desk - gorgeous
Wouldn't you love to blog here?  I think the computer would have to have am embossed leather cover to fit in...

Gorgeous.
Just because it's pretty.  :)

I hope you enjoyed this random post!  
Thanks so much for reading.





11 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
This is one amazing post. So much beauty here, and I can't wait to listen to Jada. Very talented, and yes, she does get more beautiful.
On to pinland!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

michele said...

i do love random!

the architecture of the townhouse with the window boxes? deep sigh.

love the meditation routine--what an incredible tone to set for the day.

off to the city!

smiles.

michele

I Dream Of said...

What a lovely start to the week, Barbara! I'm especially smitten with those wallpaper-lined bookshelves and that amazing orange chair. Love a little pop of color on a gray Monday.
Hope your week is off to a good start! XO

mary said...

I love that orange chair!! But then I am a chair-aholic.
Have a great week. Mary

Garden, Home and Party said...

Yep, these are truly lovely and I enjoyed each and every image. Thank you.
Karen

carolyn bradford said...

Such a beautiful post! I didn't think it was random at all! I've always wanted built in shelving like that in the bathroom above! It would be a priority for me if we were building again! And yes…that spot would be perfect for blogging! thanks for sharing all of these great photos! Have a wonderful week!

Leslie said...

Read the book and really enjoyed it! Barbara, that wet bar at the top is stunning and I too feel that spot would be perfect for blogging!

Nice post and wishing you a nice start to a new week!

leslie

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love this post. You have so many great images.

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

Love this post! That's exactly how my brain works too. So much eye candy. I love those bookshelves with the lattice wallpaper on the back.

-Lane

Test said...

Beautiful images... Love the one at the top!

designchic said...

Loving your randomness today, Barbara...can't quit looking at the first image...GORGEOUS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...