Friday, December 16, 2011

Al Fresco

Let's take a little detour from the winter, Christmas feelings flying around blogland right now and escape for a soothing al fresco meal in a beautiful setting. 

Take your pick - will it be...

Pinned Image
An unforgettable pasta dinner at a villa on Lake Como...
(sorry, George Clooney is not available)

Pinned Image
Breakfast in Greece, watching the yachts come and go...

Pinned Image
A hip rooftop meal in NYC, catered by Dean & Deluca...

Pinned Image
A rustic picnic surrounded by lavendar fields in Provence...


Pinned Image
California cuisine in Napa's wine country...

Pinned Image
An elegant brunch in Venice, with transport via gondola... 

Pinned Image
A BBQ on a Texas ranch...

Pinned Image
A super-casual, laughter-filled backyard get together...

Pinned Image
A tapas feast overlooking a gorgeous crumbling European city...

Pinned Image
Sweets and cafe au lait for two in Paris...

Pinned Image
Passion fruit smoothies and more in tropical paradise...

Pinned Image
Overlooking African deltas on safari with the sounds of the animals for music...

Pinned Image
A farm-to-table meal in Oregon...
(I've done this and LOVED it)

Pinned Image
In your own backyard, shaded by leafy trees and a gentle breeze...

Pinned Image
A seafood meal overlooking the coastline in La Jolla...

Pinned Image
A healthy lunch at a luxurious spa in Arizona, surrounded by succulents...

Pinned Image
In the garden of your friend's beautiful home in the English countryside...

Pinned Image
OR - last choice - a four course meal in an enchanting tree house like setting...

I'd love to hear which one you're dreaming about.  For me it doesn't get any better than al fresco dining.  I think I'd just start at the top of this post and work my way down!

PS - thanks so much for the support for my "Giving with Purpose" post from yesterday. 
I loved hearing more ideas to do good in the world also!

Sources and even more al fresco inspiration can be found here.

13 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Would you mind terribly if I popped around to each one of those settings? They're all gorgeous and if we pretend I have my own private jet then we're good to go....lol. Beautiful pictures, really!

The enchanted home said...

Barbara.....my heart started to beat faster just looking at these glorious spots!!!! The first one liteally took my breath away and then the Napa rivals it for 1st place, guess I would have to go to both! Wow, just breathtaking in every way and I am with you, nothing beats sitting outside with loved ones and enjoying a beautiful meal under the stars or under a bright crisp sky...the ultimate!!
I pinned two of these, just amazing!! A keeper.

Unknown said...

Oh, must I only pick one?! Okay...if I must, it would definitely be Provence!!! I can smell the lavender already ;) xo brynn
Barb! Loving your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. I sent you an e-mail - let me know if you don't receive it.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbra, I needed that! It was relaxing to stop and imagine having a quiet dinner looking out to the ocean with out a care in the world.

I Dream Of said...

Oh, what a wonderful post. It couldn't be grayer and rainy-er here in Seattle. I'd love to join in any of these spots of some a fresco dining - I can hear the champagne bottle popping. I would happily find myself in any of these locations... but Paris is always my first choice!

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Venice, please...would love to be there right now...looks so stunning as does all the images..so hard to pick just one place...
best,
maureen

Hotel Chic said...

A travel bucket list for sure--to have a yummy meal in all of those gorgeous locations would be heaven!

designchic said...

Oh, I'd love to dine al fresco in any of these spots, but Provence looks especially lovely!!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I enjoy nothing better than alfresco dining...great images Barbara.

Aspiring Kennedy said...

i would GLADLY dine in any of these places. not so much al fresco dining in london this time of year... or ever really. :)

Victoria said...

So many beautiful choices, Barbara, but I'll take Lake Como, please. Thanks for the breath-taking tour.
Best...Victoria

SHERRY HART said...

There is nothing more beautiful that outdoor settings like those pictured!

Unknown said...

So nice to have found your site. Inspiring to be drawn out of doors for a beautiful dinner...even though we are in the middle of snowy winter! There seems to be an overall sense of grace and honesty in the images. In a word, Inviting. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...