Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dreamy Dressing Rooms

Most of us probably have some type of fancy function to go to this holiday season, or perhaps dressing up for some festivities hosted at home with family or friends.  That got me thinking about some lovely dressing room ideas I have been collecting.  Take a look and dream with me for a while!

 Mirror on mirror - so luxe!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
I have been seeing this idea several places lately - using beautiful fashion bags as art - how perfect in a dressing room!

Pinned Image
A black dressing room would set the perfect sultry mood for getting dressed for a romantic date.

 A clever use of a small alcove.

 Pinned Image


I think this is such a great idea:  using beautiful wallpaper on the cabinets for a clean and stylish look.


Pinned Image
Love the mirrored dresser in this setting!

Pinned Image
A great solution for handbag storage, regardless of how glam your current closet is!

Pinned Image
Great lighting, fresh flowers, candles - perfect!

Any favorites?

13 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Barbara! You just gave me a wonderful idea for the top of my island!!! I have been thinking about what to put not sure about marble, stone, wood,etc..and I love the idea of the antiqued marble inset above into the wood...how pretty!! (delicate but hey its only me) love it, not expensive and such a pretty touch. Going to look into the logistics today of having that done so THANK YOU!
Beautiful post....love the function of that first unit too.....such a great way to keep everything so organized. Great post!!

Haus and Home said...

I really love the organizational function of the first picture, but I think the white closet with the drum lights and the black closet with the great shoe storage are my fave's!

Haus and Home said...

p.s. Glad you added the Google Friend Connect!

Anonymous said...

how do we function without proper storage and organization for all our attire?...it's so much easier to get ready everyday let along those special holiday events with closets like these..love the black paneled room especially as it's so chic..
simply gorgeous!!
best,
maureen

Acquired Objects said...

I wish I had a closet like any of those. While I have a big closet it surely isn't organized like these. Beautiful post!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Oh what I would give to have a dressing room! Perfect lighting, candles and flowers sounds like the perfect setting for getting dressed.

lifeloveluxe said...

Anything with a mirrored surface is just blissful to me, but that last closet is divine. Happy sigh!

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Inge said...

I regret not having a walk-in closet but I sure do love all these pictures. It makes me want to move to a bigger house sooner. ;-) And if you want to know my favourite top 3: the first 3 pictures! :-) I love the fashion bags art and the mirror on mirror...
Would love to do the same in my own house! Thanks so much for these wonderful photos Barbara!!!
Love,
Inge x

................. said...

Love the first image...jewelry put away so lovely. But I also love the black dressing room and the one with the shopping bags. What a great idea.

Karen T. said...

There's something I love about each and every closet shown here. Much inspiration and ideas to adapt for my own closet. Thanks! Beautiful post!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, I would love to have something to hang my purses on. that is so smart!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Oh my! If I had closets like these, i'd never leave home! Love the shower curtain hook idea for purse storage, but my fave is the closet with the mirrored island! Bless her heart...poor dear!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love them all but especially the last one... and the lighting!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...