Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cozy, Spicy Decor

You probably all already know that I love spice colors - especially orange - and I think the following rooms are particularly cozy...  Now that the color of the year is tangerine I think they fall beautifully in line with that trend.  I hope you enjoy these spaces as much as I do!

Pinned Image
styleathome.com
The grasscloth and that killer pillow make me want to crawl right in!

Pinned Image
Steven Gambrel
Gambrel does it again....especially paired with the botanicals on black!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
designerfile.blogspot.com


Pinned Image
Porterhouse Designs


Pinned Image
via The Vintique Object Blog

Pinned Image
Houzz
Paired with white orange is totally fresh.


Pinned Image
via South of Market Blog
Pinned Image
via Livelikeyou.com
Pinned Image
Alice Lane

A great example of taking a neutral room and punching it up with seasonal color.
LOVE this room.



Pinned Image
decorati.com
via Tumblr

You can check out past posts about orange herehere and here
and on my pinterest board here.


15 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Orange is my favorite color so I love this post! TThat spice cabinet in the last image looks amazing. Beautiful post Barbara.

The enchanted home said...

Isn't orange THE color now? I do love it also, and especially a rich burnt orange..so pretty!
Love all the images but especially that last picture, what a stunner!

Anonymous said...

it's a fabulous and yes, spicy sort of color-works with so many other colors as well, surprisingly!!
best,
maureen

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

These spaces are so warm and inviting. They each show how to use this vibrant color in different ways.
Great post, Barbara!
I've been following you for a while now, and would love for you to stop by my blog for a visit...
Have a wonderful day,
~ Wendi ~

I Dream Of said...

Looks like we both are thinking cozy thoughts today! I love the warmth that spicy tones bring to a room and would to slip into anyone of these environments. Great post!

Jalon @ All in the Detail said...

Beautiful, Barbara and what an eye! Orange is the inviting color, isn't it? It just draws you in (and of course, wets your appetite!)
Thank you for sharing....

Lee said...

love a neutral room punched up with a little orange - a pillow, a throw, an accessory on an accent table. adds vitality and warmth and a bit of an edge. I need to start studying the many hues of orange!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, loving all the orange!

Stacy CUrran said...

I read a lot of people were unhappy about the color of the year, but I love it! I'm so excited to see more of it this coming year. These photos are just beautiful!!

I'm so glad I got to know you thin year, too, Barbara, and wish you the very best holiday!!

xo Stacy

Karen said...

I am usually not a fan of orange, or any variation there of, but these images are lovely. I guess Hermes couldn't have selected the color for his lovely gift boxes without some amount of marketing savvy. :-)
Karen

Thoughts on Design said...

I struggle with orange - especially if it's a bright orange and lots of it. Give me burnt oranges and the colors of fall oranges in smaller doses and I'm fine. Can't articualte why. So... the first and third images I actually like quite a bit. Each one has a little pop that feels just right.

Cheers,
John

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Gorgeous interiors! Love them all! I've always wanted to cover my foyer in grasscloth but it was so expensive through WSH....one day maybe!

Unknown said...

I'm loving this color now, especially that fabulous pillow in the first image. I WANT!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I love spice colors too...And I'm excited about the new tangerine. Lovely images. XO, Mona

The Vintique Object said...

Mmm, mmm, mmm...I'll take a dose of orange any day of the week. I think a pillow and throw are in order.
Camille

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...