Friday, December 9, 2011

Scandinavian-Inspired Christmas

You may remember the posts I did over the Summer about Scandinavian design as part of our trip to Denmark and Norway.  In the process I discovered some beautiful inspirations for Christmas, and I have added to my collection of images of Scandinavian-inspired* designs for the holidays ever since. 

(*BTW, as with other posts inspired by various countries, I realize these all may not actually be in Scandinavia, but are nevertheless inspired by this clean, organic approach to design...  I have gotten some comments along those lines and didn't mean to mislead you wonderful readers!  The same is true for my French, Spanish, etc. posts - ie, in some cases these images are actually from the US or elsewhere!  Isn't that the great thing about blogland?  That we can be inspired by the decor of one place but realize it in our own homes in another?  :)) 

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites! 


via Bright Bazaar

Notice the writing on each drawer - love that!


via emmeline's blog




Slettvoll

 
via emmeline's blog
Pinned Image
via Color Outside the Lines Blog


stockholm vitt


The White Company

Miss Mustard Seed Creations
IKEA

blomverkistad


Stockholm Vitt
Pinned Image
splendidwillow.com
Pinned Image
 tidningenlantliv.se
Pinned Image

What do you think of this look?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the light infused decor of Scandinavian inspired decorating... the great thing about the U.S. is that we do borrow so many styles from all over because we're a country of people from all over who bring with them their traditions and practices to hand down to their children..
best,
maureen

Anonymous said...

Love this look. It's so approachable and cozy. The soothing colors let all the interesting details (like the writing on those drawers) stand out. Beautiful selection here and beautiful blog! ...i'm following too!

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
I just had to tell you how much I love your blog. It's a feast for the eyes. I really enjoy reading about your life in Munich (one of my favorite places in Germany) reading each and every post and drooling over the gorgeous eye candy that accompany them. Keep up the great work!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

yes! Scandinavian Christmas style is probably my very favorite of all the decorating styles this time of year. Great inspiration photos!

Stacy CUrran said...

I love the simple, earthy, rustic design. Totally nor how I do it, but I still adore it :)
Stacy

Thoughts on Design said...

Barbara, what I always enjoy is the spirit and energy of our posts and the images you include in them.

While I have not been to Scandinavia, my sense is that the quality of light there is very special and that the colors and decor I see are in part a response to the light.

You've captured that beautifully in this post.

BTW, there's great book on Swedish architecture called Classical Swedish Architecture and Interiors, 1650 - 1840, by Johan Cederlund that is fantastic! If you're a lover of this style and architecture, it's a must have for your library.

Cheers,
John

................. said...

No way that photo is from Ikea? Wow....looks more like its can be from anthroplogie. i love it. And that very first photo of the kitchen is so lovely. I LOVE all white kitchens. xx

designchic said...

warm, cozy and beautiful...love every image!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Barbara ~

Inge @ SimplyFabulousChic said...

Scandinavian design is about light, light, white and light again. :-) And I love that, these pictures are a good source of inspiration for everyone! And my favourite is the white kitchen with that cute little Christmas tree on the counter top... :-) It's so sweet and cosy!

Have a great weekend!
Love, Inge x

The enchanted home said...

Love the clean, cozy simple and elegant asthetic. You nailed it Barbara!!

Haus and Home said...

These looks are definitely and clean and more traditional. Love it!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Beautiful post. Love the simple, but elegant feel of some of these pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...