Monday, March 28, 2011

Mint Julep Anyone?


{myrecipes.com}
When my husband and I got married in Germany several years ago, I bought mint julep cups to use as vases for our wedding reception tables. As we left Europe and set off on our honeymoon in Asia (crazy, I know, to go all the way around the world, but that's another story).  Anyway, as we set off for Asia, I was tempted to leave them behind because I didn't want to schlepp them all over Thailand and then back to the US again. My Mom was the wise one, and took them home for me. I am so glad she did, because I have used them over and over and over again! Here are a few great uses for these inexpensive little gems:

{via Habitually Chic Blog}
How great is that?  You can organize your desk in such a girly, classy way. 

{Debbie Trelour}
 Of course they are beautiful as a vase and they work well year round. 
I love to use them in small spaces throughout the house - kitchen and bathrooms are my favorite for a little surprise.  They are also great lined up on a mantel or down a dining room table at the holidays, with greens and berries or rosemary and red roses.
{Becky Luigart-Stayner}

The colors of whatever flowers you choose will really pop against the shiny silver. 
I love this combination of roses and hydrangeas - so sweet. 
It would be perfect for a baby or wedding shower.

{etsy}
 I love this idea - you could set out a whole row of them with utensils, napkins, etc...


Of course I love this one because I love how trays set off a nice display of beautiful things, but I think the vase adds nice height and sparkle in this case. 
(Click here to read more about ideas for trays.)

So what do you think?  Do you have something similar and if so, how do you use them?

5 comments:

Mona Thompson said...

Love mint julep cups used in all of these ways. I've used them for years. funny, I've never tasted the drink. Mona

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
Congratulations...I've just awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award...drop by my blog for instructions...have fun!!!
maureen

................. said...

These are great...love them! Smart of your mom to take them home for you. And I don't blame you for getting married in Germany and then honeymooning in Thailand...hey what the heck, might as well right? :-)

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

how pretty and versatile they are! If I ever come across babies like these, they will definitely end up on my desk =) Also, we spent our honeymoon on Germany, woot woot!!

xo Linda

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

They are just stunning and elegant, love them with the flowers :)
Ahhh...Germany, hope I can visit someday
Thanks for your nice note today :)
XO
Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...