Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Bird's Eye View...

I am definitely *not* a gardener, but I do like container gardening, urban living and dining al fresco.  All of those combined mean that I am the perfect candidate for a rooftop terrace and/or garden.  To me it's the perfect compromise between city living and a bit of green space to call one's own.  Setting price aside for the moment, I'd take any of these and enjoy it thoroughly!

 via notetosarah on tumblr

via Design Sponge

Celerie Kimble

via Lufthansa Magazine













What about you? 
Do you prefer a sprawling country garden, a suburban manicured yard,
or a city spot like these?

6 comments:

Haus and Home said...

I definitely think there is something special about rooftop city gardens! I know Germany has some amazing ones too! Container gardening can be a little easier too!

Anonymous said...

love gardens of all sorts...but as a horticulturist, I am especially interested in large estate gardens which have their fair share of containerized plants as well..love the plants on these rooftop terraces..what a wonderful idea!
best,
maureen

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I love a beautiful garden...but if I lived in the city I would definitely do something like this. I just have to be able to enjoy the outdoors.

Stacy CUrran said...

I have never had a rooftop garden, but there is something really appealing about it to me. Maybe that it is sort of enclosed and can't sprawl on forever. Whenever I look outside all I see is the TONS of gardening I should be doing!
Stacy

The Vintique Object said...

I pinned that last image with the earthy saltillo tile and white. Gorgeous. I'm a small space girl through and through. So a small deck or patio with containers definitely does it for me!
Camille

christy said...

Wonderful!
You are really nice guy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...