Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Entryways to Envy...

For me a beautiful entry sets the tone for the entire home...so I put a lot of weight into designing and decorating a beautiful one.  Because of that, I have collected quite a few great ideas - even more to come in a future post.  For starters, take a look at some of my favorites with comments on the key elements that I think make each particularly great.  I'd love to combine many of these elements in my "dream entry"!!

via Pinterest
 Those mirrors!!!  Nothing like a pair of something and
symmetry to really boost the impact.

Rebecca Bradley
The columns add such great architectural interest. 


via Homecreat
A little sparkle never hurts and the collection of glass is beautiful! 
And, what a way to welcome your guests with an inviting bar right off the bat.

via Belgian Pearls Blog
 Soothing, dreamy art...

via Eclectic Revisited Blog
 The rug, the wall color, the art, the bench...wow!

via Decorpad
The floors...I am speechless.  :) 

via Dallas Magazine
I typically wouldn't add pink to a room but in this space, along with that amazing chandelier, it looks really incredible! 

via Enchanted Home Blog
More amazing floors but I also am really drawn to that great carpet running up the stairs. 

via Lonny
A killer stool, succulents and a Buddha head?  Yep - I'm sold. 

Erinn Valencich
That detailed table and spanish elements really impressed me! 

Interior Philosophy
All of the natural, simple elements here are so beautiful and carefree -
a great tone to set in a beachy home or vacation getaway.

How do you like to decorate your home's entry?

17 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Many beautiful inspirations, I am most drawnt to gorgeous flooring, love the idea of a pair of mirrors and like when there is a large oversized element be it a jar, lantern, table, something to anchor the room/space.

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

an amazing collection! Each of those entries would certainly draw your guests in!
thank you so much for stopping by fieldstone hill design. What a great blog you have!
- {darlene}

Anonymous said...

entrances or foyers are so small compared to the rest of the house so to make any sort of impact does take a little planning..love the mirror console table idea best, especially if you can fit 2 mirrors together.. love balance and symmetry, too..and good lighting is a must..
excellent post..so many good points and images..
best,
maureen

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

This post is really inspiring me. I'm working on a project that involves entryways. I'm loving this post today. Thanks, Barbara!

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

This post is really inspiring me. I'm working on a project that involves entryways. I'm loving this post today. Thanks, Barbara!

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

quintessence said...

Just shows you - first impressions are definitely important!! Wonderful examples of many different approaches to entry spaces!

under spanish moss said...

Beautiful foyers! I have been struggling with my foyer for quite some time. The space is so hard to design because it has doors on either side of the foyer...so you don't have much wall space. Thanks for the inspiration!
Angela

Stacy CUrran said...

Barbara, that second one is to die for! The entryway of my dreams! Love them all....great post!!
Stacy

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

These all have great appeal for different reasons, but I have completely falen in love with the mirrors in the first picture, in fact everything in that picture. Lovely post. x Sharon

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Thanks for such great inspiration. I wish our foyer was large enough to fit a small table or bench, but it isn't. Maybe we'll be able to add some personality by using interesting molding on the walls and a couple of great sconces.

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Totally agree that the entry sets the stage. Love, love those columns in the second image. All beautiful though.

nancy {COZAMIA} said...

I wish i didn't have sucha teeny entryway at home or I would totally love to do something like this, my fave here is the first pic with the double mirrors and lamps...wow.

................. said...

I love this post. Great photos. I love love the 4th photo...rustic modern and very natural all put together very nicely. Very much my style.

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

We don't have an entry way - the front door opens right into the living room which annoys me every day! I am going to put a mat and a small table by the door the separate the area slightly but I would really love to have one of these beautiful entry ways!

Jen M said...

Beautiful entries - but I have a question. How do you handle the wet and dirty shoes/boots before they land on those beautiful rugs? I haven't found a good answer to that yet and because my entry is so open to the main home, I really don't want to use an indoor/outdoor carpet there.
Thanks

Jen M said...

Beautiful entries - but I have a question. How do you handle the wet and dirty shoes/boots before they land on those beautiful rugs? I haven't found a good answer to that yet and because my entry is so open to the main home, I really don't want to use an indoor/outdoor carpet there.
Thanks

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Hi Jen,
It's hard to say without seeing the layout of your home, but I'd recommend a good heavy duty, high quality rug for outside the front door that really absorbes and takes the mud off. Or consider something that is durable but looks beautiful - I have a sisal rug in my entry and it works really well at hiding everything! Hope that helps...Barbara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...