Monday, August 22, 2011

The Latest From Linen Haus!

I had great luck finding unique pieces for Linen Haus at one of our local flea markets over the weekend.  The hardest part of setting up this shop is letting go of these beautiful finds!  A few might become a permanent part of my personal collection; however, most of these will be added to the inventory and find a great home via Linen Haus very soon.

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
 A circa-1930 Hungarian Soda Bottle.

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Hand blown, vintage French 5L Bottle. 

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Bronze Tray - a Ring Holder, a Soap Dish, a Candy Dish. 
You (or your client) can decide.

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
A vintage map from an old school house, showing France and England.


Enjoying the process with one of my favorite vendors...
This guy is so fun to work with, which is a big part of why I love doing what I do!


Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
These bottles were hidden away a bit in this great old trunk, covered a bit by some burlap. 
I love the thrill of the hunt!  

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
A cool old wooden ship... 

Photography by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
There seemed to be a lot of old trunks at this market.  If you or a client are looking for a special one, let me know.  I'll be there again often.


Until Linen Haus opens, if you're interested in any of these items,
please contact me at hausdesign@hotmail.com directly.

11 comments:

The enchanted home said...

How fun Barbara!! I cannot wait to start having the time to start frequenting antique shows! Love the bronze hands, what a pretty accent piece for a powder room!

Anonymous said...

omg, I want it all!! I love flea markets and finding cool old stuff..the old model ship is amazing.. they are one of my favorite items to collect right now.. and love the old bottles too..
what fun!!
best,
maureen

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! I'd have so much fun in a place like this one!

Thank you for sharing this with us! Loved many things you found there!

Have a great week!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

kathi said...

I keep my dish soap by the kitchen sink in an old glass bottle........thanks to Martha Stewart.........one of her first early "tips" that impressed me. Makes a great gift too..........old glass bottle packaged with a container of dish soap.
Kathi

Stacy CUrran said...

I never go to antique shows...I wish there were good ones here, and that I had tome to go!! You always find such great things!
Stacy

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Love everything you bought. Linen Haus is going to be fabulous! I know what you mean about having a hard time giving things up. It's a constant struggle. Have a great week.

designchic said...

This looks like so much fun...love the bottles!!

Hamptontoes said...

I really need to start doing my antiquing! Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

mary said...

Great finds---for me it is always about the hunt. Mary

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I continue to be envious of your amazing shopping and your lovely finds.

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Again, beautiful finds!! I am a sucker for vintage glass bottles!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...