Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tropical Inspiration

Today I am dreaming off far away tropical beaches and the fantastic interiors that go along with them...the dark woods, white walls, textural fabrics and lush greenery add up to some pretty amazing spaces.

Would you like to come along with me to decorate a beautiful home in paradise?  If so, get your daquiri with the little umbrella ready!


I adore this room with its hints of Spanish, African,
Asian and - of course- tropical elements. 
It's a little bit of a lot of great things!!


Punta Cana Dominican Republic via Enchanted Home

Ballard Designs
These caned stools would work perfectly in a tropics-inspired space...

Lime In The Coconut

Ralph Lauren
Somehow Ralph Lauren can always effortlessly and beautifully combine
All-American with tropical.
via Ashley Rowe Blog

via Lime In The Coconut Blog

Source: tumblr.com via Carlo on Pinterest






What do you think? 
Are you ready to move to the tropics?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you bet!! I'm ready to move to the tropics..love the tropical look with the gorgeous shutters, palm trees and natural fibers..and all the blue from the ocean..
beautiful post..
best,
maureen

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I am definitely ready to move. It's the last day of August and I can feel autumn in the air. I am not ready for that. I love this white/brown/green combo.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Great post, Barbara!

This is a good tropical inspiration! Remember those "tropical disaster rooms"? Filled with crazy florals and fake plants? Gee... :-)

Love the kitchen. It feels so airy and so easygoing.

Gorgeous post!!!

I hope you're doing great!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Yes, yes, and yes! This sophisticated tropical look is right up my alley. Now I just need a home in the tropics :)

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

I will be ready to move to the tropics when they can do something about the humidity - my hair doesn't like it!! Love the decor pics - especially the kitchen in the last picture. Have a lovely day. x Sharon

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

I will be ready to move to the tropics when they can do something about the humidity - my hair doesn't like it!! Love the decor pics - especially the kitchen in the last picture. Have a lovely day. x Sharon

The enchanted home said...

Barbara..all of these have me dreaming, but that first room...WOW!!!! All so beautiful.

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Would love to move to the tropics. Favorite climate and love this decor. Loving that kitchen too.Have a great day. Mona

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...