Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just Flew In From Copenhagen...

We are back from our trip to Denmark and Norway, and I am sloooowly settling back into reality.   Thank you so much to Carol from The Design Pages, Meghan from Wishful Thinking and Angela and Renee from Under Spanish Moss for guesting posting while I was away! They all did an amazing job - it was so fun to see what they picked to post about.  I loved all three. If you haven't seen them please check them out now...you won't be disappointed!!!

Here are a few shots that I took during the trip to start with:

Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
The beautiful port and canals were rustic and enchanting! 

Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Fredriksburg City Park in downtown Copenhagen.  We rented bikes one day and rode around the city (as all Danes do) and spent a leisurely afternoon in the park.  Bliss! 

Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
They had great signage all over the city that I enjoyed...
especially with the way cool writing - especially the O's! 

Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler

I came across several versions of flower planters that I hope to have replicated by a local welder sometime in the future...

That's it for now - but more coming up over the next few days as I get adjusted back to my normal routines! 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to have you back Barbara...
can't wait to see what all you discovered and did during your trip.. gorgeous pics..loved the flower pots..rustic chic and elegant...
best,
maureen

The enchanted home said...

Welcome home Barbara!! Looks like a wonderful visit, funny because I too love signage and take pictures when I see a good one. Look forward to hearing more about your trip.......love those flower pots they remind me of a tweaked version of a Provence planter.

Stacy CUrran said...

So glad you're back! Can't wait to see everything you experienced!
Stacy

Punctuation Mark said...

i've always been wanting to go there... they are such grea designers!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Welcome back Barbara! I have been eagerly anticipating your travel photos! I adore those flower planters you spotted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...